Concrete curing is very important step for a quality of concrete. Because hydration is so complicated reaction, which is influenced by temperature, pressure and water volume etc, after pouring concrete, Concrete curing process protects concrete from any environmental changes.
In the curing process, understanding not only hydration but also structure and properties of hardened cement is required.
Basic conditions for curing process are as follows:
1. Maintain moderate temperature and humidity.
2. Protect concrete from external force such as impacts or overloads.
3. Protect concrete surface from changes in the weather such as wind, rain, frost and sunlight.
If concrete is impacted during the process, strength of joint in concrete or bond stress with reinforcing bar can be reduced. If concrete is overloaded before hardening, it results in deformation or cracking. There are many methods to accelerate concrete hardening, such as chemical admixtures, steam curing, autoclave curing, pressure curing, electric curing and heat curing.
The Manufacturing Process of ALC (Autoclaved Lightweight Concrete)
What is autoclave curing?
Autoclave curing is the process putting products into autoclave to cure in high pressure and high temperature, suitable for high strength cement and foamed concrete.
Through this process and the use of superplasticizer, the concrete can withstand the weight more than 1 ton. Drying shrinkage and creep occur less than moist curing concrete.
For hydration, Ilshin Autoclave’s concrete curing autoclave is divided into steam generator part and curing part and improve product efficiency by accurate pressure and temperature.
It’s designed and manufactured according to ASME standards, KGS(Korea Gas Safety Corporation) and KOSHA(The Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency certification).
• Autoclave expansion test for safety of Portland cement.(KSL 5107)
• Steam curing for PHC(Pretensioned spun High strength Concrete piles)
• Creating ALC(Autoclaved Lightweight Concrete)
• Durability test of ceramic products including Ceramic tiles
Properties of ALC
By the use of resistance materials, there is no toxic gas in case of fire. Hence it is suitable for high building and apartment complex.
70% of independent foams minimize heat loss, result in comfortable life.
This equipment is almost as light as wood. It has economic benefits such as lightening building weight, improving construction efficiency and reducing labor costs,
Despite its lightweight, ALC has excellent sound insulation, which is suitable for urban building materials, and when use it with plaster board, maximize sound insulation.
You can even write down on concrete because ALC is totally flat.
Flatness of light-weight concrete not only just facilitates bonding waterproofing or external wall material, but also reduces construction dust. It also reduces costs for internal materials and painting.
ALC is very convenient to use because it’s lightweight and easy to cut, and the standardization of products reduce construction period and costs.
Benefits of Ilshin Autoclave’s Concrete Curing Autoclave
• Design and manufacture according to ASME(American Society of Mechanical Engineer), pressure vessel standards.
• Design and manufacture according to KGS and KOSHA
• Maintain constant temperature by installation of high pressure fan motor
• Maintain constant temperature by internal/external insulation
• Improve safety through the multi-safety devices
• A variety of types and specification for customer
• Different types of research are available by various additional components.
• Accurate measurement and simplification of control system enable more convenient research
• A variety of measurements facilitate analyzing operating conditions.
• Easy assembly/disassembly and clean up
• Quick response to customer request through customer service team.